Hiring Temporary Labor
1) Create the Job Posting in PeopleAdmin
All temporary positions are required to be posted. All postings for temporary positions are completed through our hiring site, PeopleAdmin.
The purpose is to provide the organizational justification for: 1) filling a vacant position, or 2) creating a new position funded from operations.
- Log into PeopleAdmin using your Lewis & Clark username and password. If you do not have a PeopleAdmin account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have one set up.
- All temporary positions are required to be posted for a minimum of 3 business days
- Potential candidates can apply for the position directly through the website and you can review their applications online.
Here is a quick instruction guide on how to successfully create a posting in PeopleAdmin.
- Select “Supervisor/Manager” from the drop-down list in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the “Create New Staff Job Type Posting”
- Select “Create from Position Type.”
- This will give you access to previous postings associated with your department. Select a similar previous posting, if applicable.
- Select “Create Posting from this posting.”
- Continue to select “Create New Posting” and “Next” buttons to update/edit all the applicable fields, including job summary, qualifications, experience/skills gained, and work schedule.
- If you’d like to add additional users to view the applications, enter the names of the Search Committee in the “Departmental Users with Access” field.
- Choose required documents/required questions.
- Once all screens are complete, select “Take Action on Posting” button on first page, and select “Submitted to Human Resources.” This advances the posting to HR for approvals & posting.
For more detailed information on how to Create a Job Posting in PeopleAdmin
2) Human Resources Submits Position for Approvals
Once the requisition has been approved by the manager, Dean/VP, Finance Director, and Human Resources, you will be notified that the position has been approved to post.
3) Select The Candidate
Departments are responsible for interviewing and making temporary employee hiring decisions. Please ensure that you use the same questions for each candidate you interview for an available position.
4) Contact Human Resources
Once you have selected a candidate for your position, please contact Shanthi Pattison (email@example.com, x6238 at least 3 business days prior to the temporary position actual start date. Temporary employees may not begin work prior to the completion of all hiring processes.
Current Minimum Wage Information for Hiring Managers
The current Oregon minimum wage is $9.75/hour effective July 1, 2016. All postings for positions starting after July 1, 2017 should reflect the new minimum wage effective at that time: $11.25/hour.
|Effective Date||Portland Metro|