IDSC Completed Projects
- Project Lead: Anastacia Dillon
- Project Team: River Montijo, Judy Finch, Seneca Gray, Brad Wilkin
- Issue Requiring Resolution: Repeated audit findings related to federally required student enrollment reporting to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- Project goals:
- Understand the rules surrounding federally required student enrollment reporting
- Understand and document the data flows in the enrollment reporting process
- Understand the role of the National Student Clearinghouse plays in the enrollment reporting process
Building Name Project
- Project Lead: Esme Miller
- Project Team: Brad Wilkin, Denise King, Haley Bentley, Holly Allen-Petersen, Jeffrey Yamashiro, River Montijo, Seneca Gray, Serron Stonecypher, Stacey Kim, Sandi Bottemiller, Sara McGerald.
- Issue Requiring Resolution: Difficulty reporting on course locations due to inaccurate, inconsistent, and/or inactive building codes (Canada is not a building).
- Project Goals:
- Clean up building name files in Colleague: Mark vague and duplicative building codes as obsolete, propose valid building codes to take their place, in accordance with the USDOE definition of an off-campus site.
- Establish a process for adding and de-activating building names, including a coding convention for new off-campus sites.
- Better student service for off-campus courses
- Reliable mapping between Colleague and EMS for Events and Registrar’s offices.
- Able to complete USDOE and NWCCU off-campus sites reporting more efficiently and effectively.
- Project Leads: Kathy Tymoczko, Renee Orlick
- Issue Requiring Resolution: Inaccurate, inconsistent, and/or outdated e-mail address codes
- Project Goals:
- Review e-mail types
- Identify how e-mail address are entered in the system and e-mail types are assigned
- Identify how e-mail addresses are maintained
- Identify where e-mail types are used by different offices and reports
- Create new or revise existing types to be more descriptive and accurate
- Assist end-users with cleanup of informer reports using discontinued e-mail types
- Document procedures to ensure consistent use of newly established e-mail type protocols.
- Discontinued use of ‘Internet’ and ‘Local’ e-mail address types
- Created relevant and useful e-mail address codes including “Work”, Personal
- Defined e-mail addresses entered through an admission application to be “Personal”. Allowed individuals to add a work e-mail if wanted
- Reviewed and eliminated e-mail address which are not formatted correctly