Transfer Application Checklist
- Online Common Application or Paper Application with essay attached. If you are applying with a paper version of L&C’s application form, an autobiography and a statement of the student’s academic purpose substitute for the essay. There is no application fee.
- Official transcripts of all secondary school and college grades. (If you have attended an ESL program in the US, please include a transcript from that program as well). Transcripts should be in the original language and be accompanied by officially translated English copies. These forms are usually submitted through the Common Application or sent in a sealed envelope by your high school counselor. You should send an updated transcript throughout the year as it becomes available.
- A Certificate of Financial Responsibility. This form is required, but is usually submitted as part of the online application form. If a copy is needed, you can follow the link and download the form.
- Proof of available funds. The Certificate of Financial Responsibility lists the necessary documents that need to be included, such as official documents from employers, banks, and tax office. If the document is not in English, please provide an English translation. If the document does not show amounts in U.S. Dollars, please indicate the currency type.
- If applying for financial aid, a completed financial aid application. Lewis & Clark accepts either its International Student Financial Aid Application or the College Board’s International Student Financial Aid Application.
- Proof of English proficiency.* For required scores, refer to English proficiency requirements. Test scores are considered official if received directly from a testing agency or reported on the official high school transcript.
- The Common Application’s Academic Evaluation or a letter of recommendation completed by a college instructor who has taught you in a full credit, traditional academic (non-performance or studio) class.
- Complete list of current and projected courses. This is a list of all the classes you are currently taking and those you plan to take prior to enrolling at Lewis & Clark. You may include this information in the appropriate section of the Common Application, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of courses. Please be sure to include course numbers, course titles, and the credit amount each course carries.
- Statement of good standing from your current/most recent institution. Some applicants may be required to provide this documentation. The admissions committee will notify you if this is required and will provide you with instructions on how to obtain the needed information.
- SAT and/or ACT scores are optional for international student applicants, but are highly recommended for applicants who attended international/American high schools. These are considered official if reported on the official high school transcript or received directly from a testing agency. Lewis & Clark’s SAT code is 4384 and ACT code is 3464.
*Applicants who are native English speakers are not required to submit proof of English proficiency. Instead, please submit standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) or apply via the Portfolio Path.
You may submit application documents by mail, email, or fax.
International Students and Scholars
Lewis & Clark College
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road
Portland, Oregon 97219-7899