Develop a Social Media Strategy
Below are some questions to help you figure out the best strategy when creating or maintaining a social media account.
- What are your goals? (For example, is there a group you are trying to reach with social media? What would you like them to know?)
What target audience are you trying to reach?
- Students (prospective, current, international)
- Lewis & Clark faculty and staff
- External stakeholders (alumni, donors, media, community partners, government officials)
- General public
- What social media platform would be the most effective for reaching your target audience?
- Is there an existing institutional account that could help you achieve your goals and objectives?
- If a new account is required, who will establish it?
- Who will maintain your account?
- How often will you post and update your content? (Does your office or department generate enough content to share something at least once a week?)
- Is there a need to communicate with your audience throughout the year, or is your need time specific?
- What type of content will you share?
- News and updates
- Events and networking information