Event Promotion Primer
There are many resources and channels available to help you publicize your events.
Lewis & Clark website and external publicity
Post your event to the calendar in LiveWhale, Lewis & Clark’s content management system:
- Include all the important details: title, date, time, summary (one or two sentences that will appear in the main calendar and in lists of events), location, description (a few sentences to a paragraph of information), cost, and contact information.
- Upload a relevant photo and caption.
- Be sure that any content that appears in your photo (i.e. custom flyer) is also included as regular text within the event description for accessibility purposes/screen readers.
- Select if it’s an online event, open to the public, and/or a grad school event.
Once posted, it will appear on the main events calendar and on the flatscreen digital TV screens on the undergraduate, law, and graduate campuses. You can also share with our office for consideration to:
- include in the Lewis & Clark public events email
- promote on our institutional social media channels
- distribute to local media/reporters (NOTE: we cannot guarantee inclusion in external media calendars.)
Event planners can spread the word about their campus events through the mailings, flyers, posters, collaborations with community groups or nonprofits in the area, and targeted email messages to groups on and off campus.
If you have questions about event promotion, feel free to contact the PR team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Each event is different, so you should plan to set up a meeting or discuss via email what specific steps the PR team can take to support you.
Share your announcement with students
You may request that your information be included in the daily or weekly emails that are distributed to students by emailing your announcement to the appropriate contact at each school: