SPARC is available to help you prepare a competitive proposal. Each sponsor will have its own guidelines, and SPARC will help interpret and meet these requirements. This includes:
- Developing a timeline to submission
- Editing drafts
- Budget development
- Providing boilerplate language and institutional data
- Application review
- Facilitating communications with sponsors
- Ensuring compliance with sponsor and institutional requirements
- General support throughout the process
Some resources that may help as you prepare your proposal are available as follows:
- Writing Resources
- The University of Michigan hosts a useful Proposal Writer’s Guide.
- This ACLS article outlines the essentials of proposal writing for fellowship competitions.
- Michigan State University has a listing with links to over 100 proposal guides, including ones that focus on specific disciplines or on applications to specific agencies and organizations.
- Virtual Grant Workshops hosted by the National Endowment for the Humanities in 2021, handouts and recordings available
- Virtual Grants Conference hosted by the National Science Foundation in Spring 2021, recordings available
- Webinars on various aspects of the U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program, recordings and list of future opportunities available