Fall Semester 2020: AES classes will be offered in person on campus AND virtually through online meeting platforms. Apply to take classes on our campus OR start virtually with our online meetings.
Academic English Studies at Lewis & Clark is an intensive English as a second language program for low-intermediate to advanced international students who want to achieve English proficiency.
Applicants must have these minimum requirements:
- Be 17 years of age or older;
- Have completed secondary school (high school);
- Have a minimum English skill at a low-intermediate level;
- Have a B or 80% grade point average or equivalent on both secondary and university transcripts, and on transcripts and grade reports from other intensive English programs. You must also have a history of strong attendance in all terms.
How Do I Apply?
|#1 Complete this form:|
#2 Email these documents:
- There is no application fee.
- You may be asked to complete a writing sample to further determine academic readiness.
- Do you plan to apply for both the English and the undergraduate program? In this case, you must fill out the undergraduate application. Here is a link to the on-line application: Undergraduate Application
Mail: 0615 SW Palatine Hill Road, MSC 125, Portland, OR 97219 USA.
NOTE: If you are from Rwanda and would like to apply for the Dallaire Scholarship, please refer to the Dallaire Application Page.
If you cannot apply on-line:
To request more information from AES, click here.