The Academic English Studies Program at Lewis & Clark is an English as a second language program for low-intermediate to advanced international students who want to improve their English proficiency:
- Before beginning an undergraduate or graduate program at Lewis & Clark or elsewhere in the United States.
- To increase options for their job or career.
- And learn about US culture during a study abroad experience.
- For professional development.
- You must be 17 years of age or older;
- You must have completed secondary school (high school);
- You must have had two years of secondary or university level English language study;
- You must have a B or 80% grade point average or equivalent on both secondary and university transcripts, and on transcripts and grade reports from other intensive English programs. You must also have a history of strong attendance in all terms.
How Do I Apply?
|#1 Complete this form:||Click here for the Academic English Studies Application Form|
#2 Email these documents:
- There is no application fee.
- If you are from Rwanda and would like to apply for the Dallaire Scholarship, please refer to the Dallaire Application Page.
- You may be asked to complete a writing sample to further determine academic readiness.
- Do you plan to apply for both the English and the undergraduate program? In this case, you must fill out the undergraduate application. Here is a link to the on-line application: Undergraduate Application
Mail: 0615 SW Palatine Hill Road, MSC 125, Portland, OR 97219 USA.
If you cannot apply on-line:
To request more information from AES, click here.