Academic English Studies at Lewis & Clark is an intensive English as a second language program for intermediate to advanced international students who want to achieve English proficiency.
Classes are fully on campus for 2022-2023 academic year. Students must be fully vaccinated in order to attend classes. Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for Lewis & Clark
- Have completed secondary school (high school);
- Have a minimum English skill at an intermediate level;
- Have a B or 80% grade point average or equivalent on both secondary and university transcripts, and on transcripts and grade reports from other intensive English programs. You must also have a history of strong attendance in all terms.
How Do I Apply?
#2 Email these documents:
- A copy of your high school transcript, or if you have attended university, a copy of your university transcript.
- If your transcripts do not list two years of English courses, submit any transcripts from a English language program if you have attended one. Be sure to submit the iTEP Snapshot test results.
- A bank statement from your home bank account or from your family or sponsor, and a signed Certificate of Financial Responsibility.
- A copy of your passport.
Choose Lewis & Clark College from the dropdown menu on the iTEP website. Your results will be sent to AES. The test is available online.
- There is no application fee.
- You will need to take the iTEP pre-arrival test to further determine academic readiness.
- IMPORTANT: Do you plan to apply for both the English and the undergraduate program? In this case, you must fill out the undergraduate application. Here is a link to the on-line application: Undergraduate Application
Mail: 615 S. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 125, Portland, OR 97219 USA.
NOTE: If you are from Rwanda and would like to apply for the Dallaire Scholarship, or are a Portland area high school graduate who is an immigrant or refugee and would like to apply for the Graham Scholarship, please refer to the Dallaire/Graham Scholarships page.
To request more information from AES, contact us!