English Language Scholarship
The Roméo Dallaire Scholarship is for English Language Study to Aid in Human Rights Activism. The scholarship covers the total cost of one academic year of residential studies in an accredited intensive English program (IEP).
Successful candidates will be residents of Rwanda and will have:
- Minimum English skill at a low-intermediate level.
- Secondary school/or university diploma and transcripts/grades/marks.
- Minimum average national and university exam marks of 60%.
- Financial need.
- Valid passport.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights involvement in Rwanda.
- Commitment to return to their home country and contribute to their society.
- Commitment to serve on Rwandan Scholars Interview Committee for two years after returning to Rwanda.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
All steps below must be completed and documents must be submitted via email no later than November 15, 2021.
Complete the scholarship application
Scan and email the following documents to email@example.com
- A copy of your passport.
Two letters of recommendation. May be written in French or English and must be sent directly from the person writing the recommendation.
- Transcripts or marks and exam results for secondary school and/or university studies.
Proof of English language proficiency. If your transcripts do not list English classes, you may submit a writing sample by completing the online writing exercise. This must be completed on your own without help—this is how we evaluate your English language needs.
- Your resumé.
- Submit answers to the following three essay questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe in detail your experience in human rights activities and causes in your country. Include any work or volunteer experience that have allowed you to contribute to your country’s society.
- How would improving your English through this English Language scholarship help you in your goal to contribute and promote human rights in your country? Provide details of what you will do when you return to your country.
- The scholarship gives the opportunity for you to learn from our community and for us to learn from you. Please review the Lewis & Clark website on student life. How do you see yourself engaging in campus life?
- Scholarship Application
- Recommendation Form
- Writing Exercise
- Essay Questions
- Dallaire Terms and Conditions