English Language Scholarship
Scholarships for English Language Study to Aid in Human Rights Activism:
- Roméo Dallaire Scholarship, Lewis & Clark, Portland Oregon
- Carl and Teresa Wilkens Scholarship, Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, Texas
You may apply for one or both of the scholarships with this single application. Each scholarship covers the total cost of one academic year of residential studies in an accredited intensive English program (IEP).
Successful candidates will be residents of Rwanda and will have:
- Minimum English skill at a low-intermediate level.
- Secondary school/or university diploma and transcripts/grades/marks.
- Minimum average national and university exam marks of 60%.
- Financial need.
- Valid passport.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights involvement in Rwanda.
- Commitment to return to their home country and advocate for human rights in their society.
- Commitment to serve on Rwandan Scholars Interview Committee for two years after returning to Rwanda.
The deadline for the 2019-2020 scholarship application has passed. If you are interested in receiving information about the 2020-2021 application, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information on Previous Dallaire Scholars
- Lewis & Clark Student Life
- Texas Christian University Student Life
- Portland, Oregon
- Ft. Worth, Texas