English Language Scholarship
Scholarships for English Language Study to Aid in Human Rights Activism:
- Roméo Dallaire Scholarship, Lewis & Clark, Portland Oregon
- Carl and Teresa Wilkens Scholarship, Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, Texas
You may apply for one or both of the scholarships with this single application. Each scholarship covers the total cost of one academic year of residential studies in an accredited intensive English program (IEP).
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum English skill at a low-intermediate level.
- Secondary school/or university diploma and transcripts/grades/marks.
- Minimum average national and university exam marks of 60%.
- Financial need.
- Valid passport.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights involvement in Rwanda.
- Commitment to return to their home country and contribute to their society.
- Commitment to serve on Rwandan Scholars Interview Committee for two years after returning to Rwanda.
All steps below must be completed and documents must be submitted via email no later than November 5, 2018.
Complete the scholarship application.
- Scan and email the following documents to email@example.com
- A copy of your passport.
- Two letters of recommendation. May be written in French or English and must be sent directly from the referee.
- Transcripts or marks and exam results for secondary school and/or university studies.
- Proof of English language proficiency. If your transcripts do not list English classes, you may submit a writing sample by completing the online writing exercise.
- Submit answers to the following three essay questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Describe in detail your experience in human rights activities and causes in your country. Include any work or volunteer experience that have allowed you to contribute to your country’s society.
How would improving your English through this English Language scholarship help you in your goal to contribute and promote human rights in your country? Provide details of what you will do when you return to your country.
The scholarship gives the opportunity for you to learn from our community and for us to learn from you. Please review the Lewis & Clark and Texas Christian University websites on student life. How do you see yourself engaging in campus life?
- Scholarship Application
- Recommendation Form
- Writing Exercise
- Essay Questions
- Dallaire Terms and Conditions
- Wilkens Terms and Conditions
- Information on Previous Dallaire Scholars
- Lewis & Clark Student Life
- Texas Christian University Student Life
- Portland, Oregon
- Ft. Worth, Texas