English Language Scholarship
Scholarships for Human Rights Activism:
- Roméo Dallaire Scholarship, Lewis & Clark, Portland Oregon
- Carl and Teresa Wilkens Scholarship, Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, Texas
You may apply for one or both of the scholarships with this single application. Each scholarship covers the total cost of one academic year of residential studies in an accredited intensive English program (IEP).
Successful candidates will have a:
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights involvement in Rwanda.
- Secondary school/or university diploma and transcripts/grades/marks.
- Minimum average national and university exam marks of 60%.
- Demonstrated English proficiency at an intermediate or advanced academic level.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Valid passport.
- Commitment to returning to their home country and contributing to their society.
All steps below must be completed and documents must be submitted via email no later than November 1, 2016.
Complete the scholarship application.
- Scan and email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your passport.
- Two letters of recommendation documenting past and current human rights involvement. May be written in French or English and must be sent directly from the referee.
- Transcripts or marks and exam results for secondary school and/or university studies.
- Proof of English language proficiency. If your transcripts do not list English classes, you may submit a writing sample by completing the online writing exercise.
- Submit answers to the following three essay questions to email@example.com
- Describe in detail your experience in human rights activities and causes in your country. Include any work or volunteer experience that have allowed you to contribute to your country’s society.
- How will this scholarship opportunity assist you in contributing to conflict resolution and promotion of human rights in your country? Provide details of what you will do when you return to your country.
- What contributions would you make to the university campus community if you were awarded the scholarship?
- Scholarship Application
- Recommendation Form
- Writing Exercise
- Essay Questions
- Dallaire Terms and Conditions
- Wilkens Terms and Conditions