A Pathway to Lewis & Clark’s Four-Year Bachelor’s Degrees
AES offers a pathway to any undergraduate degree at Lewis & Clark. If you meet Lewis & Clark’s admission requirements but your English proficiency score is lower than 91 iBT or 7 IELTS, you will combine your first semester or freshman year with academic English courses in the Academic English Studies department.
It is possible to finish your undergraduate degree in four years starting with AES. That is because students can apply up to 24 AES credits (as necessary electives) toward their undergraduate degree. 80% of undergraduates starting in AES finish their Bachelor of Arts degrees within four years.
Contact us to learn more about taking AES courses to support your transition to studying at Lewis & Clark.
Our Graduates’ Stories
Contact Us to connect with an AES/LC Ambassador Student
- Junnan Lyu, Class of 2017
- Hometown: Tianjin, China
- Major: BA, Art
- Started in Academic English Studies in summer 2013
- Reaham Bahauddin, class of 2017
- Hometown: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Major: Biology; minor in Neuroscience
- Started in Academic English Studies: summer 2011
- Valcourt Honore, Class of 2017
- Hometown: Port au Prince, Haiti
- Major: BA, Economics
- Started in Academic English Studies fall semester, 2013
- Sina Heng, Class of 2017
- Hometown: Sisophon, Cambodia
- Major: BA, Biology
- Started in Academic English Studies in fall semester, 2013.
- Aijia Duanmu, Class of 2018
- Hometown: Beijing, China
- Major: BA, French Studies
- Started in Academic English Studies in fall, 2013.
Questions? Contact Us!