A Pathway to Lewis & Clark’s Four-Year Bachelor’s Degrees
AES offers a pathway to any undergraduate degree at Lewis & Clark. If you meet Lewis & Clark’s admission requirements but your English proficiency score is lower than 91 iBT or 7 IELTS, you will combine your first semester or freshman year with academic English courses in the Academic English Studies department.
You can apply up to 24 AES credits (as necessary electives) toward your undergraduate degree. In 2018, 2/3 of international students who graduated took classes in AES (one semester to one year, concurrent with other Lewis & Clark coursework). 80% of undergraduates starting in AES finish their Bachelor of Arts degrees within four years. Contact us to learn more about taking AES courses to support your transition to studying at Lewis & Clark.
Our Graduates’ Stories
Contact Us to connect with an AES/LC Ambassador Student
Junnan from China
- Junnan Lyu, Class of 2017
- Hometown: Tianjin, China
- Major: BA, Art
- Started in Academic English Studies in summer 2013
Reaham from Saudi Arabia
- Reaham Bahauddin, class of 2017
- Hometown: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Major: Biology; minor in Neuroscience
- Started in Academic English Studies: summer 2011
Read about Reaham’s Lewis & Clark experience.
Valcourt from Haiti
- Valcourt Honore, Class of 2017
- Hometown: Port au Prince, Haiti
- Major: BA, Economics
- Started in Academic English Studies fall semester, 2013
Read about Valcourt’s Lewis & Clark experience.
Sina from Cambodia
- Sina Heng, Class of 2017
- Hometown: Sisophon, Cambodia
- Major: BA, Biology
- Started in Academic English Studies in fall semester, 2013.
Read about Sina’s Lewis & Clark experience
Aijia from China
- Aijia Duanmu, Class of 2018
- Hometown: Beijing, China
- Major: BA, French Studies
- Started in Academic English Studies in fall, 2013.
Read about Aijia’s Lewis & Clark experience
Questions? Contact Us!