Goals and Objectives Summary
GOAL 1. STRENGTHEN, DIFFERENTIATE, AND PROMOTE THE KIND OF ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE WE OFFER STUDENTS: A CLOSE AND RIGOROUS ENGAGEMENT WITH EXCEPTIONAL FACULTY AND A DYNAMIC COMMUNITY.
- Deepen and promote existing and emerging programmatic strengths.
- Increase opportunities for students to engage in collaborative research and creative work with faculty.
- Become more connected and visible in Portland, including through volunteer, clinical, internship, and civic engagement opportunities.
GOAL 2. ATTRACT, ENROLL, AND GRADUATE STUDENTS WHO WILL SUCCEED AT LEWIS & CLARK.
- Stabilize enrollment in all three schools and improve retention in the College of Arts and Sciences to achieve four- and six-year graduation rates of 75 and 85 percent.
- Improve U.S. News rankings of the College of Arts and Sciences to the top 50 and the law school to the top 60.
- Develop new revenue-generating programs to meet prospective student and societal needs.
- Enhance athletic, career counseling, recreational, residential, social, and wellness programs that maximize student success.
GOAL 3. DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN CAMPUS INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES APPROPRIATE FOR A SELECTIVE, NATIONALLY COMPETITIVE COLLEGE.
- Maintain and extend the useful life of existing buildings and landscaping.
- Build and renovate student housing.
- Renovate and expand science facilities, starting with the Olin Physics/Chemistry Building.
- Renovate Templeton Campus Center.
- Renovate Corbett House.
- Consider other projects such as athletic facilities, and music and theatre performance spaces.
GOAL 4. STRENGTHEN OUR DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION EFFORTS.
- Build pathways to recruit and retain a diverse community with specific focus on members from historically underrepresented groups.
- Recognize, celebrate, and support all facets of each individual’s identity.
- Provide opportunities for all members of our community to engage in reflective inquiry and to grow in the areas of inclusivity, respect, cultural curiosity, and cultural humility.
- Develop external partnerships that support diversity, equity and inclusion.
GOAL 5. RECOGNIZE AND REWARD OUR FACULTY AND STAFF.
- Provide competitive compensation.
- Provide greater professional development and advancement opportunities.
- Increase the number of endowed professorships, chairs, and other positions.
- Promote faculty and staff accomplishments and expertise.
GOAL 6. COMPLETE A COMPREHENSIVE CAMPAIGN FOR CAPITAL PROJECTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, AND OTHER NEEDS.
- Raise at least $155 million by 2024.
- Increase alumni engagement, including in student mentoring and philanthropy, raising College of Arts and Sciences alumni giving from 17 to 25 percent over the course of the campaign.