Emergency Numbers & Names

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 9-1-1. Use 9-1-1 to request help from the police or for medical and fire emergencies. For non-emergency concerns refer to your phone book. Unnecessary calls to 9-1-1 can prevent others from getting the help they need.

Everyone in your family should know:

  • Out-of-state contact person
  • School(s)
  • Work Site(s)
  • Doctor(s)
  • Neighbor(s)
  • Day Care
  • Other
  • Utilities
  • Electric Company (to report power outages):Portland General Electric (503) 228-6322 (M-F days) or Pacific Power & Light: 1-888-221-7070 (toll free)
  • Northwest Natural Gas (to report gas leaks or request assistance to relight pilot lights): (503) 226-4211
  • Water District (broken water pipes in street)
  • Insurance agent(s)
  • Family meeting places
  • Outside your home in case of fire
  • Outside your neighborhood in case you can’t return home

Remember to:

  • Make copies of this information for all family members
  • Post on refrigerator
  • Store with emergency supplies
  • Update all copies when numbers change