Major Gifts and Grants
Get Involved at Lewis & Clark
There are many ways to stay involved in the Lewis & Clark community through volunteer opportunities. Here are just a few:
- Assist with interviews and special events for prospective students.
- Lend a hand with check-in or planning for alumni and parent happy hours, faculty lectures, and more.
- Assist students with career development through a variety of programs and events.
- Help plan your class reunion.
- Promote the culture of philanthropy as an annual fund volunteer.
Learn more on the Alumni and Parent Programs site.
To sustain and advance its mission, Lewis & Clark depends on transformative gifts and grants from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government programs. Here is a recent sampling:
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation: $700,000 for student and faculty research in the humanities
- Arthur Vining Davis Foundation: $250,000 for the college’s entrepreneurship program
- Meyer Memorial Trust: $200,000 for the law school’s Small Business Legal Clinic
- Anonymous parents’ gift: $200,000 to expand student counseling services on campus
- Stephanie Fowler, trustee, and Irving Levin: $150,000 for a scholarship/loan repayment program in the Graduate School of Education and Counseling
- Anonymous alumnus and spouse gift: $100,000 for Lewis & Clark’s venture competition, which is part of the college’s entrepreneurship program