Editing an Existing Event
Editor’s Note: This article is currently being reviewed. Most likely, content on this page is outdated or scheduled for revision (due to significant changes in the software).
Find the event you wish to edit (from either month or list view) and click it.
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your event.
- Enter the event title.
- If this content is especially important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled “Star content” in order to highlight it. By default this content will be shareable. If you wish to make it non-shareable, click the globe labeled “Share content” to un-highlight it.
- Select the start and end times, where applicable. If this is an all-day event, check the box labeled “All Day”. If this event should repeat on a schedule, select the schedule from the dropdown labeled “Repeat this event”.
- Enter the event location.
- Enter a brief summary describing the event. This will also appear in the meta description tag when viewing an event’s details.
- If the event should contain a full description text, enter it in the text field labeled “Full description”. If your event should link to an external event resource, click “link to another page” and then enter the event url and source (for example: Event Calendar). External urls will be validated upon save.
- If this event requires registration, check the box labeled “Allow site visitors to register for this event”. For more information on event registration, please see “Registering for an event”.
- If you wish to allow public comments on this event, click the checkbox labeled “Allow users to post comments”. When comments are posted, users are asked to identify themselves. Only logged-in LiveWhale users can see this identification, and can hide comments containing questionable content. Once comments are posted, you can manage them from the events editor for this event.
- If you wish to suggest this content to other groups, select those groups under the section called “Suggest this item to the following groups”. For more information about sharing, see “Sharing your content with other groups”.
- Tag the event with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify events so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled “Tags” and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click “Show all tags” to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- Scroll back up and find the status menu at the top righthand corner of the screen. Choose the status for this event. “Live” will publish the event immediately. “Hidden” will hide it from the web site until you are ready to publish it.
- You will also see a “Delete” link next to the status, allowing you to delete this event. (See “Deleting an event” for more information.)
- You will also see a “Restore from earlier version” link above the status menu. Clicking this will allow you to select an earlier revision of the event, by date, and restore the content from that revision. (See “Restoring an earlier revision of an event”) for more information.
- Under the section labeled “Images” you may attach images to this event. Images are taken from your group’s image library. To choose an existing image from your image library, click “Select from your image library”. If you want to upload a new image to attach to this event, click “Add images from your computer”. Newly uploaded images will be added to the image library and attached to this event. Alternatively, you may attach an existing gallery to this event by clicking “Use an existing gallery”. (See “Attaching an image to an event” for more information.)
- Under the section labeled “Related content”, use the search box provided to attach any relevant related content to this event. What kinds of content can be added depends on what modules are installed on your system and what kinds of content are available.
When done, click the “Save this event” button.
Note that when editing repeating events, you will have the option to save changes to the entire series of events, change this and all following events in the series, or change only this event.
Source: LiveWhale Support