Managing Your Galleries
May 10, 2011
Editor’s Note: This article is currently being reviewed. Most likely, content on this page is outdated or scheduled for revision (due to significant changes in the software).
The manage galleries screen will list all galleries in your group.
From left to right, each gallery displays:
- A checkbox allowing you to select multiple galleries and perform bulk actions from the “With checked items…” dropdown menu. Available actions include: delete, remove tags, remove balloons, add star, remove star, share, unshare, set status, and add tag. Check the checkbox next to the galleries you wish to apply an action to, then select the desired action from this menu and click the “Go” button. Use the “select all” link to select all items in the list.
- A star. Click on the star to flag the gallery as important. These items can optionally be highlighted on your web page, or you may choose to only display starred galleries with your widget.
- The status menu. If you wish to change the status of galleries, select the appropriate status here. “Live” will publish the item immediately, “Hidden” will hide the item from your web site until you are ready to publish it.
- The gallery title and id. Click the title to edit the gallery.
- If the gallery is tagged, a list of these tags will appear beside the title. Clicking a tag will tell the galleries manager to only show galleries with that tag.
- Beneath the title is the number of images included in the gallery.
- Use the preview link to preview this item as it will appear on the public web site.
- To the right of the gallery is the balloons feature, which will allow you to rank your galleries according to their importance. The more balloons, the higher the gallery appears in gallery lists on your web site. Click the gray balloon to add more, and click on the red balloons to drop them back down in the list. When an item reaches the maximum ten balloons, it will become a gold balloon.
When certain elements are modified (such as a gallery status), a message saying “Your changes to this page have not been saved” will be displayed. Click the “Save These Changes” button to save the changes you have made.
To add a new gallery, click the “Add a New Gallery” link.
A “Show by tag” dropdown menu is also available to display galleries tagged with the selected item.
Source: LiveWhale Support