Join the L&C Community Friends Program
September 21, 2015
The Community Friends Program at Lewis & Clark is looking for local families, couples, and individuals to help international students practice their English skills and learn more about American culture and life in Oregon.
We match English language learners with local residents for occasional social interaction, friendship, and wider cultural understanding. Everyone benefits!
The Community Friends Program is:
- Fun! Any activity may lead to lifelong memories for you and your student.
- Inexpensive. You don’t need to spend a lot of money. Any activity has the potential to be new, different and interesting to your student.
- A short-term commitment. Most students are here for only one or two semesters.
- Relaxing. You and your student set the guidelines. A couple of hours once or twice a month is fine. You lead a busy life and so does your student.
- Rewarding. You learn about cultural similarities and differences while helping familiarize an international student with life in Oregon. You may even make a friend for life.