Housing Master Plan
February 16, 2017
Lewis & Clark is embarking on a comprehensive Housing Master Plan to renovate, upgrade, and potentially expand the residential community over the next ten years.
To develop a strategic plan by the end of May 2017, the College engaged Mahlum Architects, a local firm with extensive campus planning experience, award-winning design of vibrant student housing facilities, comprehensive analytics related to market conditions, and financial performance and experience in the development of capital prioritization and sequencing strategies.
Mahlum, together with Anderson Strickler, a market and financial analysis consulting firm, have already begun working to assess the conditions of our current housing stock, developing an instrument to determine student satisfaction and demand, and preparing market and financial analysis.
However, before moving these planning efforts into high gear, the College wants to hear from students, faculty, and staff.
The following focus groups are designed as opportunities to collect ideas and questions to help chart the future of campus living:
February 22, 2017 – Smith Hall
5:30 p.m. Undergraduate, Graduate and Law Students
February 23, 2017 – Smith Hall
9 a.m. Common Services Staff
11 a.m. Administrative Staff - CAS, Grad & Law
3 p.m. Faculty - CAS, Grad & Law
5:30 p.m. Associated Students of Lewis & Clark (ASLC)
Members of the Steering Committee include:
- Sandi Bottemiller, Director of Housing and Orientation
- Andrea Dooley, Associate Vice President for Finance / Controller
- Alan Finn, Vice President for Business and Finance / Treasurer
- Michel George, Associate Vice President for Facilities
- Anna Gonzalez, Dean of Students
- John Krussel, Associate Dean of Student Academic Affairs and Professor of Mathematics
- Amanda Sarantis, graduate student
- Jackson Thein, undergraduate student