Links to the World
- ISO Student Health Insurance: Home page for a national organization for international students. Home page provides information on financial aid, scholarships, travel, health plans, etc. Membership cost is $10 per year.
- TOEFL Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Information on the test, dates, and sites of the TOEFL.
- GRE Test (Graduate Records Exam): Information on the test, dates, and sites of the GRE.
- LSAT Test (Law School Admissions Test): Official website for the LSAT. Provides information on the test, dates, and sites. Topics include: The LSAT, Choosing a Law School, Applying to Law School, Downloadable Forms, Legal Education Resources, and LSAC Research Grants.
Travel and Geography
- Date and Time Gateway: Do you need to know the current time in London, Tokyo, or Caracas? Just click on the city you choose and the time and date at that destination will be displayed
- Portland International Airport: Information on arrivals and departures from PDX. Schedules as they appear on the airport screens.
- Mapquest: An interesting and fun web site that provides maps and information on cities around the world. Enter a street address on the screen and a map of the address will appear. Ask for restaurants or hotels near the address and they will be listed. Try it with Lewis & Clark’s address: 0615 SW Palatine Hill Road, Portland, OR 97219.
- Planet Tokyo: One of the best information sites for Tokyo travelers. Sections on hotels, temples, customs, and language.
- Subway Maps Around the World: An index of web links to subway maps around the world. Some of the sites are official guides; others are provided by travelers. Probably the largest collection of sites anywhere. Subway maps include scores of cities from Adana, Amsterdam and Ankara to Yerevan, Yokohama and Zurich.
- Travel Phrases from Languages Around the World: You can get a few useful travel phrases from this site.
- Electronic Embassy: (Recommended in the Oregonian) Look up travel regulations or print out visa application. Comprehensive listing of embassy contact info, semirandom notes on related sites , or other trivia, general diplomatic news, a calendar of events…”
- Calculate me: Convert temperatures, weights, exchange rates and more.
- Al-Hewar Magazine and the Arab-American Dialogue: “The voice of the Arab community in the United States. Featuring well-written and insightful articles exploring American and Arab politics, culture and religion.”
- Go Dubai News: Online news from Dubai. Pull down sections on headline articles, sports, Asia, classifieds, editorials, etc.
World Culture and Languages
- On-Line Dictionaries: An incredible list of online dictionary resources. Includes over 60 different languages and offers translation, thesaurus, and definitional dictionaries, as well as acronym and slang dictionaries. VERY cool!
- Altapedia Online: A great source of information on countries all around the world.
- World Civilizations: This site is described as an “internet classroom and anthology.” Cultures that are focused upon include: Africa, China, Egypt, India, Islam, Italian Renaissance, Rome, and Japan. A glossary permits you to look up topics such as “imam” under Islam or “Taoism” under China. Lists of internet resources are also included under each culture.
The Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS) is located in Templeton Campus Center on the Undergraduate Campus.
Director and Associate Dean of StudentsBrian White
Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS)
Lewis & Clark
0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, MSC 192
Portland, OR 97219