Green Fee Fund applications will NOT be accepted until after October 1, 2013.
The Green Fee Fund was established by student legislation in order to allocate a surplus in the green fee used to purchase renewable energy certificates (REC) for the Green Power Initiative during academic years 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. Students in Lewis & Clark’s College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark College (ASLC), and Students Engaged in Eco-Defense (SEED) collaborated on mechanisms to manage and disseminate these funds, including:
- A Green Fee Committee to oversee the status of the surplus fund and approve any expenditure from the fund including the awarding of grants to support green and sustainable efforts:
- Senator from ASLC: Sam Alexander
- Student Sustainability Coordinator: Daniel Leavenworth
- Sustainability Manager: Amy Dvorak
- Vice President of Business and Finance (or designee): Designee – Michel George, associate vice president of Facilities Services
- The Dean of Students (or designee): Designee — Jenn Crowder, Interim director of Student Transitions and Experiences
- A Student Sustainability Coordinator to actively engage in activities and facilitate projects between students, faculty, staff, and the broad community.
- Maintenance of an 8% “rainy day” reserve.