Academic and Program Information
Education USA Academy at Lewis & Clark is for high-intermediate to advanced international and third-culture students interested in improving their academic English skills while learning what it means to be a leader. Topics include leadership, intercultural training, and the entrepreneurial mindset. Join Lewis & Clark, a small liberal arts campus with the vision to engage the next generation of global thinkers and leaders. Visit other schools and institutions and begin the process for applying to universities or colleges in the U.S. Explore the vibrant city of Portland and the natural beauty of Oregon on weekend trips.
20 hours of class time per week includes:
- academic English
- reading and writing
- note taking, lectures
- presentations and discussion
- library and resource research
- study skills and time management
- begin the process of applying to American universities
Sample Schedule Monday-Friday
|9:00-12:30 a.m.||Morning Classes|
|1:30-2:45 p.m.||Afternoon Classes|
|3:00-4:30 p.m.||Academic Workshop|
|6:00-7:30 p.m.||Outside Group Activity|
|7:30-8:30 p.m.||Homework Hour|
|8:30-9:00 p.m.||Free time|
|9:00-11:00 p.m.||Dorm Activities, Floor Meetings, etc.|
|11:00 p.m.||Lights Out|
NOTE: On Campus Visit Field trip days, afternoon class and workshop sessions will not be held.
Culture and American Life
- activities in the community
- conversation friends and families
- museums, soccer games
- beaches, hiking, waterfalls
The EducationUSA Academy at Lewis & Clark provides conversation partners and families for each student. These are opportunities to practice English with native speakers and to learn more about American culture. There will be American students on campus to meet for socializing.
Field Trips 2016
The field trips for 2017 will be organized soon. Here is a list of what we did in 2016:
- Soccer! Portland Timbers (Winner of the 2015 US MLS Cup) vs. Montreal Impact.
- Campus Visits: Portland Community College. Portland State University and the University of Portland.
- Trip to Oregon Coast, including a beach hike and stop in the town of Cannon Beach, Oregon.
- Exploring the Lewis & Clark neighborhood, including Tryon Creek State Park, walks, gardens, and trails.
- Explore Portland! Portland Saturday Market, downtown, museums, and Portland’s famous food carts.
- Trip to the Columbia Gorge trip, including a stop at Multnomah Falls and the Maryhill Museum of Art.