Upon completion of the Academic English Studies program, students will have developed the essential language skills, appropriate learning strategies, and cross-cultural awareness necessary for integration into U.S. educational communities of higher education.
- Complete research using primary and secondary sources. Share results through documented research papers and presentations.
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Read to determine thesis, tone and purpose, and evaluate the accuracy/reliability of an author’s arguments and supporting evidence.
- Initiate and sustain classroom discussions and debates on academic topics.
- Utilize analytical and critical thinking skills in aural/oral contexts.
- Contribute a multi-cultural and global perspective to academic issues.
- Cultivate independent learning habits and practice strategies for academic success.
- Contribute as an active participant in the campus community.
- Summarize and respond to oral presentations, academic lectures, and written texts of a variety of rhetorical patterns.