Professional Development Program
The College Outdoors Professional Development Program provides outdoors skills training to members of the Lewis & Clark community who are interested in outdoor leadership. We aim to bring our participants to a high level of self-sufficiency in diverse outdoor environments and a well-rounded understanding of skills involved.
Professional Development Trips:
College Outdoors offers numerous trips each year with the potential to foster and expand essential skills for an outdoor professional. Although trip schedules vary from semester to semester, our offerings often include:
- Whitewater Raft Guide Workshop (Fall Break)
- Map & Compass Clinic
- Avalanche Safety & Awareness Clinic
- Swiftwater Rescue Clinic
- Advanced Sea Kayak Skills Clinic
- Wilderness First Responder Certification and Recertification
Check out our most current schedule of trips or inquire in the office if you have questions about these trips!
Professional Development Program:
As of February 2013, we are developing and instigating a new professional development program. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to be put on our training mailing list.
Involvement with College Outdoors is an excellent way to gain practical experience in leadership roles. If you want to get more involved with College Outdoors, come join us on our trips. We rely on our volunteers. Volunteering is not only valuable to the program, but continued volunteering can sometimes land you a staff position once you learn how the program works.
To learn more about volunteering and leadership, please head to our page here.
Job Search Resource Center
This collection of resources is intended to help you find summer work or longer-term work, undergraduate field studies or graduate programs, outdoor education programs, local groups, skill certification courses or cheap gear for your own skill-building personal trips.
College Outdoors Jobs
- We offer paid Trip Leader positions for qualifying applicants. For more information on how to become a Trip Leader, see our page on volunteering and leadership.
- We do not currently have any work-study jobs available for students. A posting will be listed on the Lewis & Clark on-campus search database when a job opens up.