National Bar Association CLE & Social: Black History Month
Date: 4:00pm - 7:00pm PST February 26
Oregon Historical Society
Black History Month
CLE: 4:00-5:30pm, Hatfield Room
Social: 5:30-7:00pm, Pavilion
Please join the Oregon Chapter of the National Bar Association for its Black History Month CLE. The first part of the CLE will present the history of Black legal professionals in Oregon and highlight some significant firsts. The second part will discuss how we can retain and recruit Black attorneys, given Oregon’s discriminatory history.
Following the CLE, we will have a social in which we recognize the accomplishments of our members and honor Justice Adrienne Nelson.
CLE attendees can preview exhibits at the Oregon Historical Society from 3:00-4:00pm.
Then and Now: The history of Black legal professionals in Oregon
- Jon Patterson, Attorney, Compassion and Choices
- Janet Steverson, Professor of Law and Dean of Diversity and Inclusion, Lewis and Clark College
Panel Discussion: How to retain and recruit Black legal professionals
- Naomi Levelle Haslitt, Partner, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
- Dexter Pearce, Attorney, Stoel Rives LLP
- Rakeem Washington, Instructor, Portland State University and Portland Community College
Event CostRSVP Required
Event ContactOregon Chapter of the National Bar Association