Benefits: Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment 2013
Open Enrollment for 2013 started on Monday, February 11, 2013 and continued through Friday, March 8, 2013. Changes made during this time take effect on
April 1, 2013.
What do I need to know about Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is a great time to look at your existing benefit plans, evaluate any anticipated needs, learn more about your benefits and make adjustments for the upcoming plan year.
- You may change your current medical or dental plan
- You may add or drop dependents from your medical or dental plan
- You may cancel your medical or dental coverage entirely
- You can apply to reduce the 180-day waiting period to 90-days for long-term disability benefits. (Applies to non-exempt/hourly employees only.)
- You have the opportunity to enroll or re-enroll in the pre-taxed Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dental, vision, alternative care, and child care expenses.
- You should attend the Benefits & Wellness Fair on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Stamm – Templeton Student Center.
Changing Your Plans? Adding Dependents? Not Enrolled?
If you plan on changing or adding dependents or are enrolling in a College plan for the first time, please be sure you complete the appropriate forms. All completed and signed forms must be received in Human Resources by no later than 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, March 8, 2013.
Completed forms may be submitted as follows:
- Fax to 503-768-6233
- Email scanned forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand deliver or US Mail to MSC 72 at 0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, Portland, Oregon 97219
Staying With Your Current Plans?
If you are not changing your current medical or dental plan for 2013, you do not need to submit any paperwork. However, if you wish to participate in a Flexible Spending Account you must complete the Allegiance Flexible Benefits & Debit Card Open Enrollment Form.