The Pioneer Express will begin regular weekday and weekend service on August 28, 2017.
Modified service will be provided on 8/11, 8/12-8/18 and 8/21-8/25.
Lewis & Clark College has free shuttle services designed to help students, staff, and faculty, travel between downtown, their homes, and the airport.
Detailed timetable and stop locations
Pioneer Express downtown shuttle:
- Mid August modified schedule
- weekday shuttle schedule
- weekend shuttle schedule
- online shuttle tracker
Additional information on shuttle routes
About the SW Broadway and Hall stop near Shattuck Hall at PSU stop:
The SW Broadway and Hall stop near Shattuck Hall at PSU is the main downtown stop for the Pioneer Express. This location has been a flagstop for the Pioneer Express and is used by many students. This location has several advantages:
- it is one of the most heavily traveled streets in downtown
- it is a safer, more populated location - particularly in the evenings and on weekends
- one block from the Max line with connecting service to the entire Max system
- one block from the Streetcar line and direct access to Trimet bus service
About the Macadam/South Waterfront stops:
- intended to serve residents in the Macadam/South Waterfront area as well as East Side commuters using transit or bicycling over the Tilikum, Ross Island or Sellwood Bridge
- there will be one timed stop and one flagstop in South Waterfront
- there are several flagstops along Macadam and one timed stop at Zupan’s grocery store, see the schedule for details
- the Zupan’s stop on the way to campus is located at the store’s south (last) driveway exit onto Taylors Ferry. From campus to downtown it is at the bus stop at Macadam & Nevada (north bound)
About the direction changes on the Pioneer Express:
The Pioneer Express route is intended to provide access to more areas in Portland for residential students while also serving commuters to campus. The change in directions prior to rush hour and in the evening is intended to support commuters to the SW and East side as well as residential students traveling to downtown or Fred Meyer in the evenings.
- The Pioneer Express route will travel to downtown via Barbur at the beginning of its route until 3 p.m., picking up Macadam/South Waterfront/East Side commuters prior to coming up to campus.
- The Pioneer Express will then travel to downtown via Macadam in the afternoon beginning at 3 p.m., dropping off Macadam/South Waterfront/East Side commuters prior to going downtown.
- Beginning after 7 p.m. the shuttle will travel downtown via Barbur, stop at Fred Meyer, but will NOT make the loop to South Waterfront.
If Lewis & Clark is delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather, scheduled shuttle service will be adjusted accordingly. Please refer to the online schedule and/or Fleetmatics Mobile App or the website in the event of inclement weather.
Lewis & Clark operates a shuttle to and from the Portland International Airport. To access:
- From airport: go toward the Lower Level-Baggage Claim and then out to shuttle area. Shuttle will be signed with ‘Lewis & Clark’
- From campus: meet at Upper Templeton near existing shuttle stop
2017-2018 Airport Shuttle Schedule
- Beginning of Fall Semester
- Winter Break
- End of Spring Semester
* The Pioneer Express will reroute to connect with Trimet’s Max Red line with direct access to the Portland Airport for Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Free Trimet passes will be available for students who wish to use this transit option.