Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Policy Statement: The College seeks to build a diverse community of highly qualified faculty and staff. The College does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, the presence of any physical disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or gender expression or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state and local laws. The College encourages applications for employment from all qualified individuals.
- The above policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, transfers, promotions, corrective action, and separation from service.
- The Office of Human Resources serves as a liaison to and provides recruitment notices on vacancies to selected local agencies and organizations that provide employment services to protected classes.
- The Office of Human Resources will provide a job information website accessible 24 hours a day. This resource provides a list of all available faculty, administrative and support staff positions. Job information is distributed to local minority-focused organizations.
- The Office of Human Resources will maintain a list of local, regional and national organizations and agencies that distribute position openings to individuals of protected classes for faculty and administrative search committee use.
- The Office of Human Resources provides training and consultation to supervisory personnel on federal and state employment law.