Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
- The right of students to inspect and review their educational records
- The right of students to seek to amend their educational records
- The right of students to consent to disclosure of information from educational records
What is a Student Educational Record?
A Record is any information or data recorded in any medium, including handwritten, print, tapes, film, microfilm, and computer.
Educational Records are those records directly related to a student and maintained by the institution or by a party acting for the institution.
What is NOT an Educational Record?
Educational Records Do NOT include:
- Sole Possession Record (not revealed or accessible to any other individual)
- Law Enforcement Record
- Employment Record
- Medical Record
- Alumni Record
- Lewis & Clark College Legal Counsel Record