I’m a student with COVID symptoms.
COVID symptoms include fatigue, cough, headache, muscle or body aches, congestion or runny nose, sore throat, fever or chills, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, nausea and diarrhea. If you experience any of these symptoms, take the following steps.
- Isolate in your residence at the first sign of symptoms, wear a well-fitting mask, and take a COVID test. (See Step 3b for more information about testing.)
If you have any severe symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.
If you have these symptoms and you care on campus, call Campus Safety (503-768-7777) and 911. Campus Safety staff will guide first responders to your location. If you are off campus, call 911.
Check in with a medical provider for testing and care.
Care options include the following:
- Scheduling a telehealth appointment with Health Service staff by calling 503-768-7165.
- Seeking free medical consultation through L&C’s nursing consultation service at 1-877-617-9531.
- Contacting DispatchHealth, a mobile urgent care program where medical staff can come to your residence to provide care (fees apply, many insurance programs accepted).
- Seeking medical consultation at an off-campus medical facility.
- Testing options
- Care options include the following:
- Let your professors and supervisors know if you will miss class or work. Contact your faculty (and supervisor, if you work for the college) and let them know you are isolating pending receipt of medical consultation or testing.