Care is provided equally to all registered students regardless of age, race ethnicity, physical ability or attributes, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Welcome to the Health Service website. Health Service is open to all students from the College of Arts and Sciences, the Law School, and the Graduate School. Our goal is to provide safe, quality health care for students in the Lewis and Clark community so that they may thrive academically and personally during their years at Lewis & Clark.
We are located in Templeton Campus Center. The entrance is on the north side of the building, lower level, beneath the Trailroom.
SUMMER HOURS & INFORMATION
Health Service will be closed for the summer after Friday, May 8th and will reopen during new student orientation in the fall. During the summer break, students needing a health care consultation may contact the Nurse Consultation service at 1-800-607-5501, or seek care off-campus.
Lewis & Clark is actively engaged in planning and preparedness activities related to the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19). For the best information summarizing the college’s planning efforts, please visit the Community Health Updates blog of the Health Promotion webpage.
The Health Service encourages all community members to take everyday actions to prevent the spread of all respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based (at least 60%) hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. Whenever possible, ill students should e-mail their faculty to inform them of absences. Employees should e-mail supervisors.
There are two online tools available to help students sort out healthcare decisions in response to possible COVID-19 symptoms:
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
ALL VISITS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please call (503)768-7165, come by the clinic to schedule an appointment. You may also schedule some appointments online at the Health Information Portal.
- Emergencies: Call 911 and notify Campus Safety at 503-768-7777 (if emergency is on campus).
- After hours medical advice: You may call the nurse consultation service at 1-800-607-5501. Calls are taken from 4 PM to 8 AM weekdays and 24 hrs a day on weekends and holidays.
- After hours psychological crises: You may call the crisis counseling service at 503-265-7804. Calls are taken from 4 PM to 8 AM weekdays and 24 hrs a day on weekends and holidays.
HEALTH INFORMATION PORTAL
You will need to register on the Health Information Portal to obtain copies of your receipts/statements to send to your insurance company for reimbursement.
As part of the Division of Student Life, staff in the Health Services share in the Student Life mission: To empower students to learn, lead, and engage the traditions of the liberal arts in the 21st century. As holistic educators, we partner with students through their development in academic & experiential learning, civic leadership & career development, diversity & inclusion, and wellness. We create an enduring community of belonging in which all students can take pride and realize their potential.
- May 4, 2020
- April 27, 2020