Interpersonal Violence Prevention Team
The Interpersonal Violence Prevention Team (IVP Team) is funded by the Campus Program grant from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office on Violence against Women (OVW). The IVP Team is a multidisciplinary team of campus and community stakeholders focused on collaboratively and proactively ending gender-based violence on all three L&C campuses in order to foster a safer learning environment and to develop civic leaders.
What would our institution look like if we achieved this mission?
- All community members will know what healthy sexuality and healthy relationships look like.
- Interpersonal violence will not be an obstacle to any community member achieving excellence in their education or work.
- All community members will know what their options are in the event that they experience sexual or interpersonal violence.
- All community members will know what their responsibilities are in the event they witness sexual or interpersonal violence.
- No matter where or who they disclose sexual or interpersonal violence to, survivors are met with understanding, support, and trauma-informed resources.
- The general culture of L&C becomes such that all community members know that sexual and interpersonal violence is not tolerated or accepted here.
If you would like to be involved with the work the IVP Team is doing on L&C campus or have questions about preventing or responding to sexual assault, domestic or dating violence, or stalking, please reach out to Michelle Callahan at email@example.com. For confidential support, you can reach out to one of the on-campus Confidential Advocates.
Members of the IVP Team include:
- Michelle Callahan, Principal Investigator/Project Supervisor, Director of Health Promotion & Wellness
- Janet Bixby , Associate Dean (GRAD)
- Sgt. Bret Burton , Head of Adult Sex Crimes Unit (Portland Police Bureau, community partner)
- Jaime R. Cale, Program Manager, Office of Equity & Inclusion
- Jessica Carron , Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Bill Curtis, Interim Director of Campus Safety & Director of Emergency Management
- Libby Davis , Associate Dean for Student Affairs (LAW)
- Hilary Martin Himan, Chaplain and Director of Spiritual Life
- Heyke Kirkendall-Baker , Associate Vice President of HR
- Tamara Ko , Director of Student Engagement & Special Events (CAS)
- Renee Orlick , Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research and Planning
- Julia Pacheco-Cole, Area Director, Platt-Howard
- Caitlin Peel , Associate Director of Marketing
- Alexxis Robinson-Woods, Executive Director (Call to Safety, community partner)
- Joann Zhang, Director of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement
- Elaine Hirsch, Associate Director of Watzek Library, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
This project is supported by Grant No. 2018-WA-AX-0042, awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. Points of view in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.