Interpersonal Violence Prevention Team
The Interpersonal Violence Prevention Team (IVP Team) is funded by the Campus Program grant from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office on Violence against Women (OVW). The IVP Team is a multidisciplinary team of campus and community stakeholders focused on collaboratively and proactively ending gender-based violence on all three L&C campuses in order to foster a safer learning environment and to develop civic leaders.
What would our institution look like if we achieved this mission?
- All community members will know what healthy sexuality and healthy relationships look like.
- Interpersonal violence will not be an obstacle to any community member achieving excellence in their education or work.
- All community members will know what their options are in the event that they experience sexual or interpersonal violence.
- All community members will know what their responsibilities are in the event they witness sexual or interpersonal violence.
- No matter where or who they disclose sexual or interpersonal violence to, survivors are met with understanding, support, and trauma-informed resources.
- The general culture of L&C becomes such that all community members know that sexual and interpersonal violence is not tolerated or accepted here.
If you would like to be involved with the work the IVP Team is doing on L&C campus or have questions about preventing or responding to sexual assault, domestic or dating violence, or stalking, please reach out to Melissa Osmond at firstname.lastname@example.org. For confidential support, you can reach out to one of the on-campus Confidential Advocates.
Members of the IVP Team include:
- Melissa Osmond, Project Director, Associate Director for Health Promotion
- Casey Bieberich, Associate Dean of Equity & Inclusion, Title IX Coordinator
- Janet Bixby, Associate Dean (GRAD)
- Jessica Carron, Interim Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Libby Davis, Associate Dean for Student Affairs (LAW)
- Joseph Fastuca, Area Director (CAS)
- Mark Figueroa, Associate VP for Institutional Research and Planning, Dean of Equity and Inclusion
- Dominique Gardner, Assistant Director of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement (CAS)
- John Hancock, Associate Dean for Health and Wellness, Director and Chief Psychologist
- John Harvey, Interim Director of Campus Safety
- Hilary Martin Himan, Chamberlin Social Justice and Faith in Action Coordinator
- Tamara Ko, Director of Student Engagement & Special Events (CAS)
- Roy Kaufmann, Director of Public Relations
- Heyke Kirkendall-Baker, Associate Vice President of HR
- Tori Leder, Assistant Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Renee Orlick, Director of Institutional Research
- Caitlin Peel, Associate Director of Marketing
- Sgt. Bret Burton, Head of Adult Sex Crimes Unit (Portland Police Bureau, community partner)
- Leighann Shields, Advocate at Call to Safety (community partner)
This project is supported by Grant No. 2018-WA-AX-0042, awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. Points of view in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.