Before the US Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) will pay for education benefits, several things need to happen:
To complete prior to the start of your first semester at Lewis & Clark:
Apply for education benefits with the VA
- Information for parents interested in transferring Chapter 33 benefits can be found on the VA’s Chapter 33 page. Once the benefits have been transferred, the student will then need to apply for the benefits. Students who have received benefits transferred from a family member may use the same application process linked above.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the appropriate Lewis & Clark School Certifying Official.
- The Certificate of Eligibility is the official notification from the VA that provides details of the student’s education entitlement.
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, universities, and training institutes to be sent to the appropriate office and campus (CAS Registrar for undergraduates, Graduate Admissions for graduate students, or Law Registrar for law students)
- If you have previously used your VA education benefits at another school, you’ll need to submit the following documents in addition to the items listed above:
To be completed each year:
- Submit a Certification Request for Veterans Benefits to your School Certifying Official.