Financial Aid Application Process
for first-year & incoming transfer students
Applying for need-based aid
As an incoming student in the 2013-2014 academic year, you will need to:
- Apply for admission to Lewis & Clark. Only students who are admitted to the College will be considered for financial aid.
Complete the 2013-14 FAFSA by February 15, 2013.
- Available beginning January 1, 2013
- Website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Lewis & Clark College Federal School Code: 003197
Complete the 2013-14 CSS PROFILE by February 15, 2013.
- Available beginning October 2012
- Website: https://profileonline.collegeboard.com
- Lewis & Clark College CSS ID#: 4384
Note: You should file the FAFSA and CSS Profile with estimated income information if necessary, rather than risk missing the priority date of February 15th.
Applying for merit-based scholarships
Your application for admission will also be used to consider you for merit-based scholarships from the College.
Helpful hints in the application process
- Keep copies of all documents submitted in case questions arise concerning your application.
- Complete the admission process, but do not wait for notification of admission to apply for financial assistance. You should apply for admission and financial aid simultaneously.
- If you miss the priority deadline of February 15th, you can still apply for financial assistance. Complete the application materials as soon as you can. Late applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Financial aid will be offered based on funding levels at the time of review.
- If there is any information submitted on the financial aid application forms that you feel needs further explanation, please submit written clarification in the “Explanations” section of the CSS PROFILE or send a letter directly to us.
After the forms are filed
If we request more information…
You may receive a request for additional information to determine your eligibility for need-based financial aid. Please respond as quickly as possible—a delay in responding will delay our ability to provide you with an offer of financial assistance.
Your Award Notification…
Once you are admitted to Lewis & Clark and we receive your FAFSA and PROFILE, we will send you an Award Notification. This Award Notification will indicate the programs and amounts of assistance being offered to you.
If you do not qualify for need-based aid, you will receive an Award Notification indicating your eligibility for Direct Unsubsidized Loan in addition to any merit-based scholarships awarded through the Office of Admissions.
Carefully read the Financial Aid Guide…
You will be asked to review the Financial Aid Guide, which provides instructions on how to complete Verification if necessary, and secure the loans and/or work-study funding offered to you. No additional steps are required to accept grant or scholarship aid.
And if you decide to join the Lewis & Clark community…
You must also pay a tuition deposit to the Office of Admissions to reserve your place in the entering class and to secure your financial aid award. Instructions about the tuition deposit will be included in your letter of acceptance from the Office of Admissions.
Financial Aid - 503-768-7090
Admissions - 503-768-7040
Campus Living - 503-768-7123
Registrar - 503-768-7325
Student and Departmental Account Services - 503-768-7829
Oregon Student Assistance Commission
Federal Student Aid Information Center
General Information - 800-433-3243
Application status - 319-337-5665
Information for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (TDD) - 800-730-8913