Financial Aid Timeline
for undergraduate students
January - March
• Parents and students should begin to gather financial information in preparation for filing a FAFSA (and CSS PROFILE, if applicable) for the next academic year.
• The FAFSA is available each year beginning January 1.
• The CSS PROFILE is available each year beginning October 1.
• Lewis & Clark’s priority filing date for all financial aid applications is February 15 for incoming students and March 15 for continuing students.
April - May
• Incoming students who completed the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE by February 15 should receive a financial aid award notification by early April.
• Incoming students should submit any documentation (i.e. verification documents) required to confirm their financial aid awards no later than April 15.
• Incoming students who wish to attend Lewis & Clark should submit the required deposit to the Office of Admissions no later than May 1.
• Continuing students are notified if any additional documentation is required to prepare a financial aid award for the next academic year. Documentation should be submitted to us no later than May 1 to ensure a timely delivery of financial aid information.
• Inform us of all external resources received using the External Resources form.
• Continuing students who filed a valid FAFSA and and CSS Profile by March 15 and returned other requested documentation by May 1 should have a financial aid award no later than June 1.
• Students and/or parents who wish to sign up for the Tuition Management Systems (TMS) monthly payment plan should enroll no later than mid-June.
• Complete the steps necessary to secure student loan funds shown on your financial aid award for the upcoming school year.
• Parents wishing to borrow a Federal PLUS Loan should complete an application with the U.S. Department of Education no later than August 1.
• Students wishing to borrow a private education loan should select a lender and complete an application with that lender no later than August 1.
• Billing statements for the fall semester will be sent to students in mid July.
• Make sure all steps necessary to secure financial aid are completed so that funding will be applied to the student account at the beginning of the fall semester.
• The fall billing due date is in early-August.
• Make sure to bring the necessary original employment documents to campus in the fall. Additional information regarding student employment and what documents are required can be found on HR’s Student Employment website.
September - October
• Secure a student employment position and complete the necessary employment paperwork.
• Billing statements for spring semester charges are sent to students in mid November.
• The spring billing due date is in mid-December.