Financial Aid Timeline
for graduate students
January - March
• Students should begin to gather financial information in preparation for filing a FAFSA for the next academic year.
• The FAFSA is available for submission online at www.fafsa.ed.gov each year beginning January 1. The federal school code for Lewis & Clark College is 003197.
• Lewis & Clark’s priority filing date for all financial aid applications is March 1.
April - May
• Incoming students who completed the FAFSA by March 1 should receive a financial aid award notification by early April.
• Incoming students should return any documentation (i.e. verification documents) required to confirm their financial aid awards to us no later than April 15.
• Incoming students who wish to attend Lewis & Clark should submit the required deposit to the Office of Admissions no later than April 15.
• Continuing students are notified if any additional documentation is required to prepare a financial aid award for the next academic year. Documentation should be submitted to us no later than May 1 to ensure a timely delivery of financial aid information.
• Report all the external resources you will receive using the External Resources form.
• Continuing students who filed a valid FAFSA by March 1 and returned other requested documentation by May 1 should have a financial aid award no later than June 1.
• Students who wish to sign up for the Tuition Management Systems (TMS) monthly payment plan should enroll no later than mid-June.
• Complete the steps necessary to secure student loan funds for the upcoming school year. This includes:
• Online Entrance Counseling, if required.
• Signing a Master Promissory Note (MPN), if required.
• Students wishing to borrow a Federal Grad PLUS Loan should complete an application with the U.S. Department of Education no later than August 1.
• Students wishing to borrow a private education loan should select a lender and complete an application with that lender no later than August 1.
• Billing statements for the fall semester will be sent to students in mid July.
• Make sure all steps necessary to secure financial aid are completed so that funding will be applied to the student account at the beginning of the semester.
• The payment due date for fall semester charges that will not be covered by financial aid is published by Student & Departmental Account Services. Typically, the fall due date is in early August.
• Make sure to bring the necessary original employment documents to campus in the fall. Additional information regarding student employment and what documents are required can be found on the Student Employment page.
September - October
• Secure a student employment position and complete the necessary employment paperwork.
• Billing statements for spring semester charges are sent to students in mid November.
• Payment for spring semester is due mid December.