A student’s application may be selected for verification by either the FAFSA processing center or the College. It is a process which requires the College to collect documentation to verify and correct information you reported. Corrections to a student’s aid application may result in changes to your financial aid eligibility, and may require a revision to your award.
Steps To Complete Verification
To meet the requirements of verification you must complete ALL of the following steps by the deadline:
- Verify Income,
- Complete the Verification Worksheet, and
- Submit copies of W2’s, Schedule Cs, and/or Schedule K-1 (Form 1065).
|Incoming Student Deadline||April 15, 2016|
|Continuing Student Deadline||May 15, 2016|
Offers of financial aid will not be finalized nor will any funds disburse to the student account if verification is required but remains incomplete. Failure to complete verification may result in cancellation of your financial aid offer.
Verify Your Income
The Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) is the fastest and easiest way to verify both your and your parent(s) income tax information.
To use DRT you must log into your 2015-16 FAFSA. In the “Financial Information” section, you will link to the IRS website and import both student and parent(s) income tax information. For complete details about how to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool visit our Verifying Income page.
- If the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is not available when you log into the FAFSA, or you were unable to import parent and student income tax information, review the Verifying Income page for alternative options to complete this step.
- If you are an independent student on the FAFSA, you will only need to complete this process for your financial information (and your spouse if applicable).
Check WebAdvisor to determine which Verification Worksheet you are required to submit, and select the appropriate link below:
- 2015-16 Dependent Verification Worksheet
2015-16 Independent Verification Worksheet
2015-16 Child Support & SNAP Worksheet
The process begins with you filling out an online questionnaire. The results of the questionnaire will be emailed to you to print, sign, and submit to the Financial Aid Office. Note: The Dependent Verification Worksheet must be signed by both the student and parent.
W2’s, Schedule C’s, and/or Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)
You must submit copies of both the student and parent(s) wage statements, as applicable. This includes copies of all 2014 W-2 form(s), Schedule C forms, and/or Schedule K-1 (Form 1065).