L&C Magazine | Spring 2022
Pauls Toutonghi’s book about the emotionally charged search for a family dog is the basis for an upcoming movie on Netflix.
The graduate school’s TransActive Gender Project provides a holistic range of services and expertise for transgender and gender-diverse children and youth, as well as their families.
As part of the law school’s Small Business Legal Clinic, the Rural Program provides businesses in rural Oregon with access to expert legal services.
How do the arts help us answer the question,
“What is an appropriate monument for this time and place?”
Board Chair's Letter
On January 28, I had the great pleasure of announcing that one of our own, Vice President of Student Life and Dean of Students Robin Holmes-Sullivan, will be the next president of Lewis & Clark.
On Palatine Hill
- CURRICULUM Beginning in fall 2022, Lewis & Clark students will be able to pursue a new interdisciplinary minor in Earth system science.
- Lewis & Clark has a fresh roster of new head coaches to continue the momentum of three varsity sports.
- In January, Lewis & Clark announced the historic appointment of Dr. Robin Holmes-Sullivan, the first woman and the first person of color to serve as president of the college in its 155-year history.
- FACULTY Maria Hristova, assistant professor of Russian, is the latest recipient of the Arnold L. and Lois S. Graves Award.
- LAW SCHOOL Beginning in fall 2022, the Center for Animal Law Studies (CALS) at Lewis & Clark Law School will offer an advanced degree in animal law for nonlawyers, the first of its kind in the country.
- Two members of the Lewis & Clark community have received prestigious fellowships to prepare for diplomatic careers in the Foreign Service.
- In mid-January, nearly 30 Lewis & Clark students immersed themselves in the study of entrepreneurship and leadership through Winterim, a fast-paced and supportive experience where students collaborate in small groups to research, create, develop, and pitch their start-up ideas.
- Lewis & Clark’s Board of Trustees recently welcomed two new members:
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP Members of the Lewis & Clark community can now benefit from streamlined admission to graduate programs at Babson College, a recognized leader in entrepreneurship education.
- GRADUATE SCHOOL In an effort to build an equity-centered principal pipeline, the Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education and Counseling is a partner recipient of an $8.2 million, five-year grant from the Wallace Foundation.