Welcome to Open Enrollment 2022!
This Open Enrollment period all your current Medical, Dental and 403(b) elections will be kept (but you are still welcome to make changes to these plans). However due to plan changes or IRS requirements (FSA and DCSA) all of the following benefits will require you to manually enroll in the coverage:
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dependent Care Spending Accounts (DCSA)
- Optional Life Insurance (employee, spouse/domestic partner, and child)
- Optional AD&D (employee, spouse/domestic partner, and child)
- Accident Insurance (plan refreshed for 2022!)
- Critical Illness Insurance (new plan offering!)
*If you do not re-enroll in the above optional coverages your coverage will end effective April 1, 2022*
All benefit changes during Open Enrollment will be done online in Workday. You will receive an email notification and an item in your Workday in-box to start the process on Monday, February 28, 2022. Open Enrollment closes on Friday, March 11, 2022. Make sure to submit your elections before 4 PM. All changes will be effective on April 1, 2022, and applicable updated contributions will be deducted from your March 2022 paycheck.
February 28, 2022
March 11, 2022 at 4 PM.
April 1, 2022
What’s New in 2022?
- We have decided to move our Life Insurance and Long-term Disability coverage to Unum, here are some of the key details that may be relevant to you.
- Life Insurance: All employees currently enrolled in Optional Life Insurance for over $100,000 can re-enroll for their current coverage volume without completing evidence of insurability. Additionally ALL benefits eligible employees can elect up to $100,000 of Optional Life Insurance with no medical questions or health exams! Click here for Optional Life and AD&D information and here for details about guaranteed issue Optional Life Insurance coverage.
- Long-term disability: Our new long-term disability plan is 100% employer paid and features a 90-day benefit waiting period for all benefits eligible employees as well as a maximum monthly benefit of $10,000. The long-term disability benefit summary can be viewed here. Due to these plan changes there is no longer a “Buy-up” option to decrease the benefit waiting period or increase the maximum monthly benefit.
- On the voluntary benefits front we have changes across the board. First of all we have a new offering in Critical Illness Insurance. Available in increments of $10,000/$20,000/$30,000 it can potentially offer some financial peace of mind in the face of a difficult diagnosis. Next in is a new and improved Accident Insurance plan featuring richer benefits as well as lower monthly premium rates. Both the Accident and Critical Illness plans offer the Be Well Benefit which could pay you up to $150 (depending on your plan participation) for completing one of many routine health screenings like an annual physical or even getting a flu shot! Lastly, due to delays in approvals by the state of Oregon we are unable to re-offer a Hospital Indemnity plan through this year (anyone currently enrolled will be given the option to continue in April 2022). We expect to be able to offer a new version of the Hospital Indemnity plan next year.
- As a reminder we added a new “Value” HMO plan in 2021. The plan uses the same Kaiser network as the “Traditional” HMO with slightly higher co-pays and a $750 annual deductible. This new plan has lower monthly premiums and provides a lower cost option for employees. This may be particularly attractive to those who do not feel they need the traditional HMO and wish to save on premiums. Get more information by reviewing the 2022 Medical Plan Comparisons. HMO plans and Non-HMO plans
Need More Information?
Join us for live information sessions (via Zoom) with our Kaiser Permanente team and our broker (click on the date for the Zoom link):
- Thursday, March 3, 2022 - 11 AM - 12 PM - Also featuring Unum Voluntary Benefits!
- Friday, March 4, 2022 - 3 PM - 4 PM
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022 - 3 PM - 4 PM
Still have questions? Sign up here for a one-on-one session with a Kaiser Representative.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to host the Benefits and Wellness Fair this year. Our carriers have generously provided short videos for you to review to familiarize yourself with their products.
Kaiser Value HMO
Kaiser Traditional HMO
Kaiser Added Choice
- 2022-2023 Plan Summary
- 2022-2023 SBC (Summary of Benefits and Coverage)
Added Choice Enrollment Guide
Kaiser High Deductible Health Plan
- 2022-2023 Plan Summary
- 2022-2023 SBC (Summary of Benefits & Coverage)
Health Savings Account
High Deductible Health Plan / Health Savings Account Presentation (2021)
Please contact your Benefits office any time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 503-768-6237.