Transportation and Parking Advisory Committee (TPAC)
The mission of the Transportation and Parking Advisory Committee is to serve as an advisory group to the Vice President for Student Life in making recommendations regarding Lewis & Clark transportation and parking issues and policies that are consistent with the following goals:
- Effective and efficient policies and procedures that are consistent with Lewis & Clark’s Transportation Demand Management Plan in promoting and coordinating transportation alternatives to single occupant automobile trips;
- An approach to transportation and parking issues that is consistent with the institution’s budget;
- Management and utilization of financial resources with the highest efficiency and effectiveness so that the greatest benefits in transportation and parking services are provided for the greatest number of Lewis & Clark community members;
- Conduct thorough research and provide recommendations to campus leadership concerning non-single occupant vehicles and alternative transportation solutions to promote access to the Portland metropolitan area and maximize the utilization of TriMet services; and
- An adequate number of off-street parking spaces to meet the parking demand generated by the Lewis & Clark community (which includes visitors).
The Transportation and Parking Advisory Committee shall meet twice per semester to discuss, analyze and review transportation and parking issues, administration, operations, and projects. The Committee Chair shall schedule the meetings. Minutes of the meetings shall be prepared and posted on the Lewis and Clark Transportation and Parking web page. The Department shall provide periodic reports and information to the Committee to facilitate policy recommendations and evaluation of campus transportation and parking administration. On the basis of information reviewed and evaluated, the Committee shall advise and make policy recommendations to the Vice President for Student Life that are consistent with Lewis & Clark’s transportation and parking mission and goals.
There will be general committee membership positions based on position/title. Staff membership positions will be filled from time to time by appointments of the Deans of the respective schools or Vice Presidents of Lewis & Clark. Student membership positions will be filled at the beginning of each academic year by appointments of the Deans of the respective schools and Vice President for Student Life in consultation with represented student organizations. Representation from non-single occupancy commuters is strongly encouraged.
TPAC MEETING MINUTES: