Search Launched for Dean of Equity and Inclusion
Lewis & Clark has launched an internal search for the next dean of Equity and Inclusion.Casey Bieberich has been serving as interim dean since Mark Figueroa’s departure in November. The dean of Equity and Inclusion, a member of the president’s Executive Council, is an integral part of the college’s efforts to improve campus culture and climate on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
“We are looking for an internal candidate, already familiar with Lewis & Clark’s systems, structure, opportunities, and challenges, to fill this role,” College of Arts and Sciences Dean Bruce Suttmeier said. Suttmeier will chair the search committee.
The members of the search committee are:
- Bruce Suttmeier, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Casey Bieberich, Interim Dean of Equity and Inclusion
- Libby Davis, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, law school
- Joshua Ferchau, Associate Dean of Admissions, Director of Global Recruiting
- Anna Graff, Associated Student Body Equity Inclusion Justice Committee chair
- Hilary Martin Himan, Chaplain and Director of Spiritual Life
- Stacey Kim, Associate Vice President of Communications
- Yueping Zhang, Associate Professor of Psychology
- Joann Zhang, Director of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement
The position has been posted on the Human Resources webpage. Applications from current faculty and staff members need to be submitted by April 4, so there can be opportunities for members of the campus community to meet with final candidates prior to the end of the semester.