Thursday, January 18, Campus Information
The National Weather Service has issued a new Winter Weather Advisory indicating the possibility of additional freezing rain starting midmorning and continuing throughout the day. In addition, while major Portland-area roadways and campus parking lots are clear, many campus walkways remain icy and difficult to navigate and many neighborhood streets are not passable.
Out of concerns for the ability of faculty, staff, and students to safely navigate to and on campus, operations on the CAS campus will be curtailed today, January 18, 2024. Law and graduate operations remain curtailed, as determined yesterday.
Additional Information for Students (Thursday, January 18)
- CAS classes are canceled. As per CAS policy, faculty may hold optional Zoom sessions with students. Students will hear directly from their professors if such sessions are offered.
- Law and graduate classes will be conducted remotely, to the extent possible. Professors will be in touch with information and instructions.
- PGE has restored power to the graduate school, and Facilities is in the process of verifying operations and bringing the campus back online.
- The Pio Express will run its normal routes and schedule unless otherwise noted in the app.
- Bon Appétit plans for regular operations in Fields dining. Other dining locations will not be open today. Residential students will receive direct communication if there are changes to the schedule.
If you are on campus, continue to be extremely cautious as many walkways are icy and difficult to navigate. Do not walk or skate on frozen pools. Beware of ice that could be falling from trees and buildings, and avoid wooded areas as there is still risk of falling trees and branches.
In the event of an emergency, or to notify the college of any hazardous condition on campus, contact Campus Safety at 503-768-7777. In an emergency, call or text 911.