New EDUSA gallery
EducationUSA Academy: July 9-29, 2017
Apply by April 1, 2017
Join with a friend, and we will pay your SEVIS visa fees!
Lewis & Clark, in partnership with World Learning and the U.S. Department of State’s EducationUSA network, is very pleased to offer a three-week EducationUSA Academy.
Education USA Academy at Lewis & Clark is for high-intermediate to advanced international and third-culture students interested in improving their academic English skills while learning what it means to be a leader. Topics include leadership, intercultural training, and the entrepreneurial mindset. Join Lewis & Clark, a small liberal arts campus with the vision to engage the next generation of global thinkers and leaders. Visit other schools and institutions and begin the process for applying to universities or colleges in the U.S. Explore the vibrant city of Portland and the natural beauty of Oregon on weekend trips.
The Theme: global leadership, which reflects Lewis & Clark’s vision to engage the next generation of global thinkers and leaders. Topics will include intercultural competency, leadership, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Skills Acquired : academic language skills in writing, reading, discussion, research, note-taking (20 hours of class time) for college-preparedness.
- Features workshops on college life and the American education system, help with the university application process, scholarships, service learning.
- Includes test-taking strategies (applicable to TOEFL, SAT, ACT).
- Features weekend activities and field trips throughout the area.
- Many opportunities to meet and converse with American high school students.
“These three weeks have been one of the best experiences of my life. I am extremely grateful to have spent my time here.”