On Monday, May 7th, at 8 AM, we began the process of creating Lewis & Clark email accounts (with the same email address you currently use) in the Google system for all who did not opt in during the past four months. The migration completed for the majority of users by 9AM on Tuesday, the 8th.
What this means to those who did not opt in is:
- All non-migrated users were completely locked out of their email during the migration.
- All non-migrated users were also be completely locked out of WebAdvisor and Moodle, because we had to change your password, and you could not reset it until the migration was complete.
- You were not able to reset your password until all mail was moved over to the Google server; now that that is complete you will have to go to our reset password page to do so, and will have to choose a new password.
- You will have to change all of your settings in any desktop clients (such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, or Outlook) in order to access your mail, as well as in any smartphones or tablets.
- If you were previously forwarding your email to another email address (even if it’s a gmail account), you will no longer receive L&C emails, as your forwarding was turned off to process the mail move, and we don’t have the access to establish it in your new L&C Google based email account. You will be able to re-forward your mail now that the process is complete, but it is not something we can do for you.