Sustainability Internship Summer Course
Are you looking for a summer internship that will make a difference?
Apply your knowledge, gain valuable skills and experience, connect with impactful employers, and receive faculty support through a four credit class and internship experience.
The Lewis & Clark Sustainability Internship Course prepares students to do meaningful work supporting sustainability-oriented businesses and organizations through a week long course, weekly check-in sessions, and an 8-10 week internship. Faculty and staff are here to ensure a productive experience for students and employers alike, with the goal of establishing lasting and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Students must be qualified rising juniors or seniors, will have presented academic references, and a personal statement of purpose.
- Prior to beginning the internship, students will participate in 40 hours of instruction in both content knowledge and professional workplace etiquette.
- Students will participate in weekly meetings with other students in the course as well as faculty.
- Students will present a summary of their internship at the completion of the course.
- Internship are both paid and unpaid, some stipends will be available.
- Course includes a $250 summer internship fee.
Interested students should apply prior to registering for the course (space is limited). Applications are open until March 15, apply here. Student applicants can now view our list of internships for 2021 here.
Participating Employers 2021: Vestas, Growing Gardens, Green Hammer, City Repair Project, CreateAction! , Environment Oregon, Green Electronics Council, Lloyd Ecodistrict, Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative, Sustainable Northwest, Washington County Solid Waste and Recycling