Sustainability Internship Summer Course
Are you looking for a summer internship that will make a difference?
Apply your knowledge, gain valuable skills and experience, connect with impactful employers, and receive faculty support through a four credit class and internship experience.
The Lewis & Clark Sustainability Internship Course prepares students to do meaningful work supporting sustainability-oriented businesses and organizations through a week long course, weekly check-in sessions, and an 8-10 week internship. Faculty and staff are here to ensure a productive experience for students and employers alike, with the goal of establishing lasting and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Students must be qualified rising juniors or seniors, will have presented academic references, and a personal statement of purpose.
- Prior to beginning the internship, students will participate in 40 hours of instruction in both content knowledge and professional workplace etiquette.
- Students will participate in weekly meetings with other students in the course as well as faculty.
- Students will present a summary of their internship at the completion of the course.
- Internship are both paid and unpaid, some stipends will be available.
- Course includes a $250 summer internship fee.
Interested students should apply prior to registering for the course (space is limited). Applications are open February 1 - March 1. Please consider attending one of our two info sessions.
Participating Employers 2021: Vestas, Growing Gardens, Green Hammer, City Repair Project, CreateAction! , Environment Oregon, Green Electronics Council, Lloyd Ecodistrict, Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative, Sustainable Northwest, Washington County Solid Waste and Recycling