No Experience Necessary!
You bring the enthusiasm, and we’ll train you on the outdoor skills. We train on the specifics needed for leading with College Outdoors at L&C, as well as general outdoor and leadership skills. Our leadership development program includes:
- On-trip apprentice style learning through the Leadership Trail
- Weeknight clinics called Open House
- Training Trips to build skills for specific trip types such as kayaking, backpacking, or snowshoeing.
- Course credit to develop your skills with the PE/A 142: Wilderness Leadership Course
- Intensive and targeted training for helping with New Student Trips (NSTs)
- Wilderness First Responder medical certification to prepare you for backcountry emergencies