Check out this upcoming 2021 trip: Trekking in Peru
College Outdoors offers a wide variety of programs throughout the academic year including weeklong New Student Trips, weekend trips, week day workshops, and certified Wilderness First Responder courses.
We run trips year-round, so if you’re looking for something fun to do on your weekends be sure to check out our trip lists! You can find our Fall Trips here and our Spring Trips here. Our gear warehouse is fully stocked, so any gear you might need is included in the trip.
We run a climbing shuttle to The Circuit All Bouldering Gym twice a week, M/Th from 7:00 - 9:30 PM. The shuttle is free and participants can sign up at the office.
If you’re interested in Professional Development, come on our Wednesday evening Open House sessions, or sign up for a weekend clinic to improve your skills in the outdoors! We highly value our volunteers and are very happy to talk to you about getting involved with that side of our program. For more information on volunteering and leadership in particular, check out our page or come talk to us in the College Outdoors office.
Trip Sign Ups
Don’t know how to sign up for our trips? Check out this video to find out!
How to sign up for a College Outdoors Trip:
- Check the Trip Calendar (click “month” or “all events” to get a full list) for a trip you are interested in
- Note the TRIP SIGN UP date (usually 3 weeks up to 2 months prior to the trip!): Trip sign ups get posted on the bulletin board outside of the College Outdoors office (Templeton 244) at 9:00am on the trip sign up date (sign up dates are usually set for Fridays)
- If there is space on the sign up sheet, put your name on the list
- If there is no space, be sure to add your name to the wait list
- If you got your name on the list, you have 3 business days from the trip sign up date to pay for your trip (typically, when the trip sign up sheet is posted on Friday morning, you will need to pay for your spot by the following Tuesday at 5:00pm)
- Failure to pay for your spot by this date will result in your space being opened up to anyone on a first-paid basis
Hope for the Wait List
If you missed getting your name on the initial trip list and really want to go on the trip, you have a second chance. Many students fail to pay for their space within the 3 business days. Once those three days expire, all unpaid spaces open up to anyone on a first-paid basis. Therefore, showing up at the College Outdoors office (or calling 503 768 7116) ready to pay for a trip at that time (typically Tuesday at or after 5:00pm- since almost all trip sign up sheets are posted the previous Friday at 9am), usually results in a person being able to get on their desired trip.
Our office stays open until 5:30pm on Tuesdays in order for waitlist or other people to claim any unpaid spots on trips.
We know this process may be a little confusing if it is your first time signing up for a trip. If you have any questions about how to get on a trip, do not hesitate to stop by, call, or email to ask. We are happy to help!