Lewis & Clark is home to 19 residence halls, capable of lodging approximately 1,000 individuals in the summer months (June - the first week of August). Residence Hall types range from traditional facilities to suites and apartments.
Important Notes: While most of our facilities are ADA compliant, please arrange for accessible housing prior to arrival. Smoking is not permitted in residence halls or elsewhere on Lewis & Clark property.
View More Information About our Residence Halls
- In traditional residence halls, bedrooms are situated along a hall and share common floor bathroom facilities.
- Many traditional halls have recreation rooms and common floor lounges.
- Suite units have a combination of single and double rooms sharing common bathroom and living space (think of apartments without a kitchen).
- Suites house up to 4 people.
- All suites are located in the Hartzfeld community.
- Apartments come in two styles: a two single room apartment, or a four single room apartment. Both styles share common bathroom and living space as well as a kitchenette (kitchens are not equipped).
- Apartments house 2-4 people.
What to Expect in Your Room When You Arrive
- Each bedroom is equipped with an extra-long twin bed, armoire or closet, desk, and chair for each participant assigned to the room.
- Standard linen service is an option for short term guests. We provide 1 pillow, 1 pillowcase, 2 sheets, and a blanket (sorry, we don’t make the beds). Additional linen packs may be purchased for long-term guests. There are laundry facilities in every community to wash bedding free-of-charge.
- Daily housekeeping service is not provided (rooms are cleaned prior to a group’s arrival). Common areas (bathrooms, lounges) in traditional halls are cleaned daily.
- Residence halls and apartment buildings are not air-conditioned, except in Stewart and Odell — both traditional style lodging renovated in 2023. Groups have the option to make advance arrangements for rented box fans.
Every residential building has a laundry room with washing machines and dryers available free-of-charge.
Security in Residence Halls
Lewis & Clark takes security very seriously.
(statistics are available at the Office of Campus Safety.)
- Residence halls are locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All residence halls require an electronically-coded card for access.
- All residence halls are equipped with alarms that sound when exterior doors are left open for more than 30 seconds. The Office of Campus Safety monitors these alarms.
- All bedrooms have locks.
We currently do not offer summer housing to individuals. If you are not eligible for summer school housing, we suggest pursuing subletting opportunities. If you are looking for short term accommodations, you can contact our local hotels.