Pay Periods and Dates
Purpose: To establish scheduled pay periods and pay dates for employees of the College.
Policy Statement: It is the policy of the college to pay employees by check or direct deposit on a regular basis and in a manner so that the amount, method, and timing comply with applicable laws and regulations.
1. Unless otherwise determined by law, wages or salaries earned by all regular and temporary employees are paid on the last working day of the month. Payment of wages is subject to withholding requirements of local, state, and federal governments, and programs for which the College has authorized a payroll deduction. Each paycheck will include a statement of gross pay, deductions, and net pay.
2. Pay periods vary depending on the employee's status. Administrative staff and most full time nonexempt staff are paid on the last working day of the month for the days worked in the current month. All part time employees, and some full time employees in Facilities Services and Campus Safety, are paid on the last working day of the month for the days worked beginning the 24th of the previous month to the 23rd of the current month.
3. Paychecks are available in the Student and Departmental Account Services Office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. beginning on payday through the 15th of the following month. One employee from each department is designated to pick paychecks up for the entire department. The Student and Departmental Account Services Office will mail any paychecks remaining after the 15th of the month. Law School paychecks are available in the Law School Business Office. Graduate School paychecks are available in the Dean of the Graduate School office.
4. Employees may choose to have paychecks deposited directly into a checking or savings account at a bank. In order to set up direct deposit, a form must be completed, which is available in Human Resources or Payroll.
5. If a payday falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, employees will be paid on the last working day prior to the regular payday.
Approved by the Executive Council, April 28, 1993.
Revised on May 31, 2002.
Revised on June 4, 2008.