Develop a Social Media Strategy
Ask yourself these questions when creating or maintaining a social media account:
- What target audience are you trying to reach?
- Students (prospective, current, international)
- Lewis & Clark faculty and staff
- External stakeholders (alumni, donors, media, community partners, government officials)
- Parents/guardians/families (prospective and current)
- General public
- What social media platform would be the most effective for reaching your target audience?
- What type or types of content will you share?
- News and updates
- Events and networking information
- Is there an existing institutional account that could help you achieve your goals and objectives?
- If a new account is required, who will establish it?
- Who will maintain your account?
- How often will you post and update your content? Does your office or department generate enough content to share something at least once a week?
- Is there a need to communicate with your audience throughout the year, or is your need time-specific?
The Office of Communications is happy to help you find the answers to any of these questions. Reach out to Digital Media Manager Devan Freeman to chat!