Hiring Student Employees using Workday Recruiting
- Create a job requisition. If you use Workday Recruiting for posting your position, you will not need to submit any other forms.
- Human Resources will review your student job requisition and post to the Lewis & Clark website.
- Navigating the Recruiting Stages for Student Positions - Review candidates and conduct interview. Here is an excellent resource for interview questions. Please ensure that you use the same questions for each student you interview for an available position.
- Select the student(s) you wish to hire and enter offer information in Workday. Human Resources will review information and complete the hire.
- During review of candidates, disposition (decline) those that are not selected by using the Dispositioning Candidates job aid.
Students are required to be paid for completing the onboarding process in Workday.
Do not allow the student employee to begin working until hiring is complete.
New student employees must complete Section 1 of the I-9 by the end of day 1. Students must provide original supporting documents for Section 2 of the I-9 to Human Resources within 3 business days of the hire date.
Hiring Student Employees without using Workday Recruiting
This option will be unavailable for students being hired in Spring Semester 2019
If you did not post the position through Workday Recruiting, please submit the Hourly Student Employee Hiring Request form for each Student Employee to be hired. You will need to be logged into your L&C Gmail account to properly access this form. One Student Employee Hiring Request form per job is required per Fall/Spring academic year.
Student Employee Hiring Requests should be submitted at least 3 business days prior to the actual start date.