Human Resources - Lewis & Clark

Hiring Student Employees
  1. Create a job requisition for all student positions. Linked instructions include job posting text examples.
  2. Human Resources will review your student job requisition and post to the Lewis & Clark website.
  3. Navigating the Recruiting Stages for Student Positions - Review candidates and conduct interview.  Please ensure that you use the same questions for each student you interview for an available position.
  4. Select the student(s) you wish to hire and enter offer information in Workday. Human Resources will review information and complete the hire.
    • Remote Candidates - If work performed will be remote (off campus) please inform as additional requirements may apply

  5. During review of candidates, disposition (decline) those that are not selected by using the Dispositioning Candidates Job Aid.



Students are required to be paid for completing the onboarding process in Workday.

Do not allow the student employee to begin working until hiring is complete. 

New student employees must complete Section 1 of the I-9 by the end of day 1.  Students must provide original supporting documents for Section 2 of the I-9 to Human Resources within 3 business days of the hire date. 


Minimum Wage Information

The current Oregon minimum wage is $15.45/hour effective July 1, 2023. 

Effective Date
Portland Metro






$1.25 over the standard minimum wage