Web Time Approval
Most students on campus will enter their time in WebAdvisor, and this is where the supervisor will approve time. WebAdvisor Home Page: https://webadvisor.lclark.edu (log in using your LC email and password).
- Once Student Employment has entered the student into the system, you should see a ‘Time approval for supervisors’ link when you log into the ‘Employees’ section of WebAdvisor. When you click this link, it should show your student worker. If it doesn’t, please contact Student Employment for assistance.
- Students submit their time to the supervisor by the 1st of the following month. Primary supervisors will receive an email alerting them that student’s time sheet is ready for approval.
- The deadline for approving student time is the 2nd of the month following the month worked. The supervisor may choose to approve or reject depending on hours worked. After the time sheets are approved by the supervisor, they are sent directly to payroll for processing.
- All student supervisors should designate an alternate supervisor who would be able to approve students’ time in case the primary supervisor is out of the office. To designate or change an alternate supervisor, please contact Jennifer Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Time Approval Training Manuals
Paper Time Sheets
Paper time sheets may be used in cases where the supervisor or student is having a problem accessing web time entry, or when the time approval deadline has been missed. The student time sheet can be downloaded here.
- Time sheets should be filled in completely, with student name and ID, account number, and the hours for each day as well as total hours. They should be signed by the supervisor, and may be faxed to Student Employment at 6233 or brought to Human Resources. They must be received by the 2nd of the month to ensure payment in that month’s payroll.
- Certain student positions may be paid as a stipend for a specific period of time, such as a semester or a number of months. These positions must benefit the student and provide valuable experience. Examples include leadership of a student organization, note takers for other students, or research assistants.
- Stipend payments should be submitted to Student Employment using the Student Employment Request form, which may be downloaded here. There is a section on the form where the stipend amount may be filled in. The start month of the stipend will be the month for which the stipend is paid, so a start month of June will be paid on the June payday, which is July 10.