Workday Time Approval
Students will enter their time in Workday, and this is where the supervisor will approve time. This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions.
- Students submit their time to the supervisor by the 1st of the following month. Supervisors will receive a notification in their Workday Inbox alerting them that student’s time entry is ready for approval.
- The deadline for approving student time is the 2nd of the month following the month worked. The supervisor may choose to approve, edit, or send the time sheet back to the student for corrections. After the time entries are approved by the supervisor, they are sent directly to payroll for processing.
Paper Time Sheets
Paper time sheets should not be used. If for some reason a student needs to enter time more than 3 months in the past contact the Student Employment Coordinator.
Activity Pay (Stipends)
- Certain student positions may be paid through activity pay for a specific period of time, such as a semester or a number of months. These limited positions must benefit the student and provide valuable experience. Examples include leadership of a student organization, note takers for other students, or research assistants. Please contact Student Employment for further clarification.
- Activity Pay can be requested via the Stipend Request/Authorization form found on the Student Employment Forms page.
- Students must be hired and have completed an I-9 prior to beginning work in activity pay/stipend positions.
- Activity Pay requests must be submitted by the 20th of the month prior to the intended pay date.
Students should submit time weekly for supervisors to approve.
The final deadline for students to turn in time for the entire pay period is the 1st of the following month, and supervisors must approve that time by the end of the day on the 2nd of the month following the pay period. Students are paid on the 10th of the month following the pay period. For example, for the pay period of April 1 - April 30 students must submit hours worked by then end of the day May 1, supervisors must approve them by the end of the day on May 2, and the students will be paid on May 10.
Pay periods and pay dates can be seen on the student’s Workday time entry screens. In the case the 10th falls on a weekend, the Student Payroll pay date will be the preceding Friday.